I offer Individualized, goal driven, quality supervision for school-based staff working towards being board certified and mentorship to new supervisors. Supervision is remote for both individual and group sessions with a small cohort of other selected school-based individuals.
I am an Authorized Continuation Education (ACE) provider and I offer trainings regularly. Current trainings emphasize our ethical responsibly to be inclusive and responsive to our students and community that are neurodivergent.
I provide consultation to school districts and federal and state agencies.
My work is through the lens of my own neurodivergent experiences, both congenial and acquired, and the experiences shared with me by other neurodivergent individuals. I offer advocacy consultation to individuals that are seeking reasonable accommodations in the workplace at no cost.
Additionally, Social Wonders LLC provides free special education advocacy services for families earning a low income.
- 25+ years of educational experience as a BCBA, special and general education teacher, school-site principal, special education director and emerging verbal learners program coordinator.
- I hold a M.A. in Education Leadership and Administration; a M.Ed. in Emotional/Behavioral Disorders and my B.S. is a dual degree in Education and Psychology with an emphasis on Special Education.
- Current California teaching credentials; special education moderate/severe and mild/moderate, general education - multiple subjects and administration.
- I've worked in wide variety of settings and populations; grades k-transition and public, charter and residential schools.
- Advanced training in neurodiversity, ability awareness and development and the legality around the American Disability Act with regard to special education and section 504 plans.
- Experienced in supervising general education and special education classroom teachers, school psychologists, social workers and administrators working towards being board certified as a BCBA.
- Trained in Acceptance-Commitment-Therapy focused on the application in children and youth. Skilled in how to apply relational frame theory within the task list expanding opportunities to log hours.
- 15+ years volunteering as a special education advocate for low-income families